Saturday, December 28, 2013

Runes

Description Provided by Goodreads: Seventeen-year-old Raine Cooper has enough on her plate dealing with her father’s disappearance, her mother’s erratic behavior and the possibility of her boyfriend relocating. The last thing she needs is Torin St. James—a mysterious new neighbor with a wicked smile and uncanny way of reading her. Raine is drawn to Torin’s dark sexiness against her better judgment, until he saves her life with weird marks and she realizes he is different. But by healing her, Torin changes something inside Raine. Now she can’t stop thinking about him. Half the time, she’s not sure whether to fall into his arms or run. Scared, she sets out to find out what Torin is. But the closer she gets to the truth the more she uncovers something sinister about Torin. What Torin is goes back to an ancient mythology and Raine is somehow part of it. Not only are she and her friends in danger, she must choose a side, but the wrong choice will cost Raine her life.

This is the cover I originally knew but to see the new cover or to buy the book click on any of the links: CoverAmazonBarnes&NobleKobo
For this book review I decided to go a different path. Instead of writing down my thoughts on the book after I read it, I decided to write down my thoughts on the book while reading it. So I present to you in all my fangirlingness my review of Runes:

Torin automatically reminded me of Daemon from Obsidian - he's always answering doors without his shirt on and of course we're not complaining. When I got to the runes part the Immortal Instruments series automatically popped into my head and yeah there's also the part about a hot standoffish character named Torin who just so happens to remind me of Jace. A British accent?!? Really? Could Torin get any more amazingly perfect? It's kind of frustrating because I see a love triangle maybe forming and I don't want to take sides but it's kind of hard not to! OMG Meelina is such a newence that I want to slap her silly! I have to admit that while I'm not a fan of a love triangle, unless it's a Wendy Higgins love triangle, I do like the competition between Eirik and Torin. Oh and did I mention all the cool names and different ways the names are spelled in this book? Super cool! OMG!!! Is this what I think it is? Is there more than a triangle going on? Could person C like person B? And if that's true what will happen with person A and person D? We'll have to see. HEHEHE!! How could anyone resist Torin when he says things like that? If he told me those things I'd probably melt like a snowman on a hot summer day! Holy cow!!! Now I'm definitely sure I would melt if Torn said stuff like that to me!! He just earned some major brownie points in chapter 9, The Unexpected. He has totally sent me into fangirling mode!!! I love all the mystery and unknown factors in this book. What is Torin? Could Raine's father somehow be involved? And how is it that Torin and Eirik really know each other? Could it possibly be turning into a Wendy Higgins love triangle? I sure hope so! Holy smokes if I hadn't just read it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed that Torin could get any hotter! Gah! I would have gone crazy if I were Raine! Just saying, look forward to a green dress. Okay major fangirling now and all in one chapter!!! This book has it all and it's fast becoming one of my favorites!! Holy moly what is wrong with this girl? She is some other type of psycho! Déjà vu to Existence by Abby Glines and one of my favorite series, Need by Carrie Jones!!! This has just made me love the book even more and it reminded me of Astley!!! Omg my heart it breaking right now, this cannot be happening! Why can't people ever listen to others? If they tell you your in danger why would you just stand there? No! You move out of the way, that's what you do. Lol! Oh my wow! What an ending! I never expected this and I absolutely can't wait for the next book!! I need to read more about Raine's life and how it's going to turn out!!! I just added this book to my read shelf on Goodreads and I saw that there was a different edition with a different cover printed. When I clicked on it I automatically recognized the cover. I have had this book on my wish list on Amazon for a while now. I'm soooo glad that I got the chance to read this book because I absolutely loved it!!!

Overall: I would give this book a 10!! It's a fun and easy read. Plus it has action, danger, mystery, romance, and fangirl moments (as seen by my reaction). I definitely recommend this book, especially if you read or seen the movie, City of Bones from the Immortal Instruments series!!


No comments:

Post a Comment