Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #1


Recently I stubbled upon Top Ten Tuesday from the blog The Broke and the Bookish and I absolutely loved the idea! So here you have it, my very first Top Ten Tuesday!!!! (SUPER EXCITED!!!) So for today's top ten I'm going to do...drum roll please...top ten favorite book couples!!!! 

P.S.- When I first chose this top ten, I didn't know it was going to be this hard to chose my ten favorite book couples but it was EXTREMELY hard. And because it really was hard to decide on just 10 couples here are two honorable mentions!!

Honorable Mentions:

Travis and Abby from Beautiful Disaster by Jamie
and
Haden and Theia from Falling Under by Gwen Hayes


10) Caleb and Maggie

Significance by Shelly Crane
Caleb and Maggie are the epitome of a perfect relationship. They love each other unconditionally, they barely ever fight, they respect each other, and of course they have loads of chemistry! Caleb is just the sweetest guy to have as your significant other and Maggie, while at first a little insecure grows into her role as Caleb's significant. Theirs is the perfect love story to read when you just want to read while lounging around the house in comfy sweats with a hot cup of tea/coffee/hot chocolate and it's lightly raining or snowing outside!
“Because you are my significant, my soul mate. And I'm yours.” 
“But... we will always be drawn together. We'll always crave each other. We'll always be in tune with each other, physically and mentally. There is nothing that can change or break that. And even if there was, I wouldn't want to. Not for the world.” 

9) Daemon and Katy

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I immediately fell in love with the thought of Daemon and Katy being in a relationship. In the first couple of chapters Katy insults Daemon and Daemon has the nerve to flirt and tease her back. This is the moment when I knew that they would be perfect for each other; however, it took them a little bit longer to figure it out but eventually they did!
“Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys.” 
“My palms itched to have a close encounter of the bitch-slap kind with his face.” 
“I don't think he meant to kiss me," I said finally. "What? Did he slip and fall on your mouth? Those things are known to happen.” 
He arched a brow. 'And what do aliens look like?' 'Not...not like you,' I sputtered. 'They aren't gorgeous--' 'You think I'm gorgeous?' He smiled.” 

8) Ash and Meghan

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
I was always 100% team Ash in this series; yet, it was until The Iron Queen that Ash completely made me fall in love with him and love him and Meghan as a couple! In the second to last book in the series Ash and Meghan become separated and the way they express their love and commitment for each other was just so heart warmly beautiful!!!
“You are my heart, my life, my entire existence." -Ash 
“I plan to keep you, from everyone, for as long as I’m alive. That includes Puck, the false king, and anyone else who would take you away. I guess I should’ve warned you that I have a slight possessive streak.”
“You enjoy making my heart stop, don't you?” 
"I love you, Meghan Chase. For the rest of my life, however long we have left. I'll consider it an honor to die beside you.” 

7) Cross and Mercer (aka Archer and Sophie)

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
I love Archer and Sophie, in the book most commonly called by their last names Cross and Mercer, as a couple. They are both so sarcastic and have such rebellious spirits that they will not only fight for their freedom but for their love as well. Now here's a quote to show you how perfect Sophie is for Archer: “Wow, Cross. I think you missed your calling. Screw demon hunting: you should clearly be writing Hallmark cards.” And if that one didn't convince you that they clearly belong with each other then this one for sures will! "Whoa, I'm your girlfriend now?" Archer shrugged. "We've tried to kill each other, fought ghouls, and kissed a lot. I'm pretty sure we're married in some cultures.” 

6) Ethan and Merit

Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill
Ethan starts out as the arrogant vampire master and Merit quickly puts him in his place while bringing him back to Earth at the same time. I love that in their relationship they truly become equals and are so protective of each other that they will literally take a stake for each other (lol!) Here's a quote to show you how deep Ethan (Darth Sullivan hehehe!) can really be: “You undo me, Merit. Wholly and completely. You don't take me at my word. You challenge me at every opportunity. And that means when I'm with you, I am less than the head of this House...and I am more than the head of this House. I am a man."

5) Galen and Emma

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Galen and Emma are so awesome together. Galen is so sweet towards Anna and Anna can't stop drooling over smexy Galen! But apart from simply being attracted to each other Galen and Emma make an awesome couple because they just kind of complete each other, they are what the other one needs (if that makes any sense at all)! 
“You can put me down now.”
“I’m not ready yet.” He tightens his hold.
“You don’t have to hold—“
“Emma? Can you hear me?”
“Uh, yes. I can hear fine. I just can’t see—“
“That’s a relief. Because for a minute there, I thought maybe you didn’t hear me when I said I’m not ready yet.”

4) Kaidan and Anna

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Oh by sweet baby Jesus! Kaidan!!! There is so much to love about this boy that it would be almost impossible not to fall in love with him, which is what Anna does! I love Anna and Kaidan as a couple because she sees the good in him that no one else does and he wants to protect her from the corrupt world they are forced into and will sacrifice anything for her. Their relationship may not be perfect but they sure make up for that with tons of love. 
“Good gracious, he was sexy—a word that had not existed in my personal vocabulary until that moment. This guy was sexy like it was his job or something.” 
“Oh, dear Lord. I was in love with him. And there wasn’t a thing on earth, in heaven, or in hell that could have stopped me” 

3) Logan and Gwen

Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Three words: Logan Freaking Quinn!!!! Logan is the school's bad boy with a long rep sheet, yet the best fighter of all the Mythos kids. As Gwen says it, “Logan Quinn was the kind of guy who could stab me in the eye with a freaking Twizzler.” Their relationship is not only filled with flirting, jokes, sarcasm, and mutual attraction but it's most importantly filled with trust. Gwen being a gypsy can discover any secret of the person/thing she comes into contact with and Logan having a mysterious and secretive past doesn't help their relationship. However, I love them as a couple because they're able to get past it all and stand by each other. Plus Logan is just so AMAZING!!!
“Come on, Gypsy girl. I'm bleeding to death here, in case you haven't noticed. At least make it worth my while and kiss me before I die.” / "I think so." Logan stared at me, and a smile pulled up his lips. "But maybe you should give me mouth-to-mouth, just to make sure.” 

2) Dimitri and Rose

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Oh Dimitri and Rose! Their relationship is so completely awe inspiring, sweet, and passion filled. Their relationship starts out as a prohibited one between a student and teacher and then hits a rough patch and finally ends in their acceptance of each other and their loyalties. They make such a great couple because they bring out the best in each other! And he calls her Roza (but with a Russian accent and while wearing a duster coat like Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock!!!! Who can resist that?!?!?)
“I’d said it before and meant it: Alive or undead, the love of my life was a badass.” 
“Did you see that dress?” "I saw the dress.” "Did you like it?” He didn't answer. I took that as a yes. "Am I going to endanger my reputation if I wear it to the dance?” When he spoke, I could barely hear him. "You'll endanger the school.”

1) Patch and Nora

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
I knew from the moment that Nora met Patch that they were going to be an explosive and awesome couple! He's constantly flirting and taunting with her, by never answering her questions about his past and his life. Patch is the perfect combination of chivalrous, bad boy, and charmer, which fits perfectly with Nora's slightly rebellious, strong headed, and daring personality. The most amazing part of their relationship is the fact that Nora makes Patch want to be a better fallen angel and Patch makes Nora break out of her confined cage created by a false desire to be perfect. In all, they're just simply spectacular together and I love them for it!!!
“Hang on, did you just call me Angel?" I asked./ "If I did?"/ "I don't like it."/ He grinned. "It stays, Angel.” 
“I don't go out with strangers," I said./"Good thing I do. I'll pick you up at five.”  
“He was the worst kind of wrong. He was so wrong it felt right, and that made me feel completely out of control.” 
“If you can't feel, why did you kiss me?"
Patch traced a finger along my collarbone, then headed south stopping at my heart. I felt it pounding through my skin. "Because I feel it here, in my heart," he said quietly.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment