Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #2


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this is only my second post. If you missed the first one you can find it here: Top Ten Couples!!! For this week, I decided to do Top Ten Books I Want to Read During Spring Break!!!  

10) Intuition by C.J. Omololu

Intuition is the sequel to Transcendence. This series is about reincarnations and it has many twists and turn plus awesome characters!! I read the first book about a year ago and absolutely loved it and since then I've been wanting to read this book!!! So, hopefully this spring break (which sadly is in about three weeks) I'll be able to read it!

9) Reboot by Amy Tintera

I found this book through Goodreads and immediately fell in love with the story line. I found it to be really unique because rather than being simply about zombies it's about zombies who are soldiers and about a certain girl breaking the rules for an almost human zombie (lol don't know if I explained it completely well). I want to read it this break and hopefully it's as good as I think it is!!

8) Love Reborn by Yvonne Woon

This is the third book in the Dead Beautiful Series and sadly the last one as well. I'm excited to hopefully get to read this book, although it's going to be bittersweet. Since it is the last book in the series, the story line will be wrapped up and I'll no longer be able to read new stories about the characters. I hope to read it during my break but if not hopefully sometime soon!!

7) Rush by Eve Silver

I also found this book through Goodreads and wanted to read it ever since! This book sort of reminded me of the Hunger Games because the characters have to kill not people but aliens in order to survive. What really pulled me in though was the fact that in the book description it says that the character was pulled through space and time into this game; however, one of the main characters, Jackson Tate, knows that it isn't a game. I also hope to read this book and can't wait to lose myself in the story!!!

6) Teardrop by Lauren Kate

This is a new series by Lauren Kate that interested me because of the story line and the fact that I adored another series she wrote, the Fallen Series (which is being made into a movie!!!!!). This book is about a girl who's never allowed to cry, a murdered parent, a charming boy, and a tale of romance and heartbreak. All of these factors make this book one of the ones that I definitely want to read over my break. I've heard so many good things about this book and can't wait to give it a try!!!

5) Landry Park by Bethany Hagen

The first line of the book description from Goodreads hooked me onto this story. "Downton Abbey meets The Selection in this dystopian tale of love and betrayal." I've been watching Downtown Abbey with my sister and I absolutely loved it. I've also read The Selection by Kiera Cass and loved it too!! Plus I enjoy reading dystopian novels that have romance and betrayals. So in all, this book pretty much has it all for me lol!! I actually have this book because I bought it on a recent trip to Portland where I went to Powell's Book Store. I'm super excited to read it and can't wait to learn more about the characters and their stories!!!

4) Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier

This is the last book in the Precious Stone Trilogy and just like with Love Reborn, reading this book is bittersweet. I can't wait to find out what's in store for Gwyneth in this last book, how everything ties together, and what her relationship with Gideon will turn out to be!! After reading these books for a while, I'm really going to miss the characters but look forward to reading the end of their story!!

3) Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

If there's two things to definitely know is that 1) I HEART, ADORE, and FANGIRL for DAEMON!!!! and 2) NO ONE messes with his girl, Katy. In this book, the fourth in the Lux series, Daemon goes to rescue Katy and I know he's going to have his badass moments which means I'm going to have fangirl moments!!! I've been wanting to read this book since it came out but not until recently did I actually get the book. I'm super excited to finally have time to read it over break!!!

2) Wild  Things by Chloe Neill

Wild Things is the ninth book in the Chicagoland Vampires series and I'm as excited to read it as I was the first, Some Girls Bite. I think this is due to the author's success in keeping the story line interesting along with the characters. I can't wait to see what trouble Merit and Ethan will stir up in this new book!!

1) Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep

Killer Frost is the last book in the Mythos Academy series and I've definitely put off reading this book because I absolutely DO NOT want the series to end. However, I'm super curious to find out how Gwen's story ends and what becomes of her friends, Loki, and his reapers!!! I'm definitely ready to finally read this book plus, of course, there's LOGAN FREAKING QUINN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment